Komodo Macro for creating new Drupal modules
I've been playing around with Komodo a bit lately, and have been intrigued by the tools available to customize the development environment.
One of the more powerful features in Komodo is the ability to create 'snippets', 'commands' and 'macros'. They say that whatever can be automated should be automated when developing code. The less monkey work you do the better, and snippets, commands and macros are a great way to reduce said monkey work.
As an experiment I created a macro that will create a module stub. When run, the macro asks you to name your module. It then creates the module folder, the three primary module files and a 'test' directory.
The macro is for a windows development environment.Update:Thanks to jeffG I have OS detection - but it is not tested in a non windows machine - still it should work
- There is no error handling
- There is no input validation
- The macro assumes the project file is in the root of your drupal project folder
- Fix the limitations
- Have the macro insert snippets of code into the files
- Rather than 'runEncodedCommand' - break commands into Komodo 'commands' and call them in order
Update: Attached is version 0.1 an update to the original macro.
|create new drupal module stub.kpz||1.7 KB|
|create new drupal module stub - 0.1.kpz||1.85 KB|